Status of Marsy's Law in Alabama
Alabama passed a state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights in November, 1994, and received the support of 80% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Alabama, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Alabama Experienced 22,952 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 348 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 2,039 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 4,611 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 15,954 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16