Status of Marsy's Law in Alabama
Alabama passed a state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights in November, 1994, and received the support of 80% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Alabama, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of Alabama there were:
- 20,826 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 347 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 2,044 rapes committed in 2013.
- 4,648 robberies committed in 2013.
- 13,787 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.