Status of Marsy's Law in Arizona
With the support of 58% of the voters, a state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1990.
- To learn more about your rights in Arizona, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of Arizona there were:
- 27,599 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 357 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 3,050 rapes committed in 2013.
- 6,702 robberies committed in 2013.
- 17,490 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.