Status of Marsy's Law in California
Marsy’s Law, also known as the Victims’ Rights and Protection Act of 2008, was a combined initiated Constitutional Amendment and state statute ballot initiative, known as Proposition 9, and was on the November 4, 2008, ballot. Marsy’s Law was approved by 54% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in California, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), California Experienced 166,883 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 1,861 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 12,811 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 52,862 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 99,349 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16