Status of Marsy's Law in Colorado
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1992. The amendment was passed by 86% of voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Colorado, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of Colorado there were:
- 16,226 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 178 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 2,934 rapes committed in 2013.
- 3,151 robberies committed in 2013.
- 9,963 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.