Status of Marsy's Law in Colorado
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1992. The amendment was passed by 86% of voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Colorado, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Colorado Experienced 17,515 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 176 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 3,257 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 3,323 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 10,759 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16