Status of Marsy's Law in Connecticut
In 1996, 79% of the voters passed a Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights in Connecticut.
- To learn more about your rights in Connecticut, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of Connecticut there were:
- 9,440 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 86 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 955 rapes committed in 2013.
- 3,530 robberies committed in 2013.
- 4,869 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.