Status of Marsy's Law in Connecticut
In 1996, 79% of the voters passed a Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights in Connecticut.
- To learn more about your rights in Connecticut, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Connecticut Experienced 7,845 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 117 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 773 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 2,892 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 4,063 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16