Status of Marsy's Law in District of Columbia
The District of Columbia does not have a sovereign Constitution.
- To learn more about your rights in the District of Columbia, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the District of Columbia there were:
- 8,406 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 103 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 395 rapes committed in 2013.
- 4,078 robberies committed in 2013.
- 3,830 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.