Status of Marsy's Law in District of Columbia
The District of Columbia does not have a sovereign Constitution.
- To learn more about your rights in the District of Columbia, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), The District Of Columbia Experienced 8,531 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 162 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 494 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 3,742 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 4,133 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16