Status of Marsy's Law in Florida
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1988 and received the support of 90% of voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Florida, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Florida Experienced 93,626 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 1,041 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 7,553 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 21,137 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 63,895 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16