Status of Marsy's Law in Illinois
Marsy’s Law, also known as the Illinois Crime Victims’ Bill of Rights Amendment, was on the November 4, 2014, ballot as a legislatively-referred Constitutional Amendment, where it was overwhelmingly approved with 78% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Illinois, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of Illinois there were:
- 48,974 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 706 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 4,263 rapes committed in 2013.
- 17,722 robberies committed in 2013.
- 26,283 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.