Status of Marsy's Law in Indiana
In November, 1996, 89% of Indiana’s voters approved of a state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights.
- To learn more about your rights in Indiana, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of Indiana there were:
- 23,487 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 355 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 2,142 rapes committed in 2013.
- 7,108 robberies committed in 2013.
- 13,882 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.