Status of Marsy's Law in Iowa
Iowa does not have a victims’ rights Amendment to its Constitution.
- To learn more about your rights in Iowa, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Iowa Experienced 8,936 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 72 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 1,156 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 1,047 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 6,661 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16