Status of Marsy's Law in Minnesota
Currently, Minnesota does not have a Victims’ Rights Amendment to its Constitution.
- To learn more about your rights in Minnesota, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of Minnesota there were:
- 12,705 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 114 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 2,008 rapes committed in 2013.
- 3,674 robberies committed in 2013.
- 6,909 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.