Status of Marsy's Law in Mississippi
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1998. The Amendment was approved of by 93% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Mississippi, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of Mississippi there were:
- 8,214 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 195 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 930 rapes committed in 2013.
- 2,409 robberies committed in 2013.
- 4,680 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.