Status of Marsy's Law in Missouri
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in 1992. The Amendment was approved of by 84% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Missouri, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of Missouri there were:
- 26,197 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 371 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 2,287 rapes committed in 2013.
- 5,484 robberies committed in 2013.
- 18,055 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.