Status of Marsy's Law in New Jersey
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1991, with the support of 85% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in New Jersey, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of New Jersey there were:
- 25,674 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 401 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 1,120 rapes committed in 2013.
- 12,082 robberies committed in 2013.
- 12,071 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.