Status of Marsy's Law in New Mexico
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in 1992, with the support of 68% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in New Mexico, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), New Mexico Experienced 13,681 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 117 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 1,672 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 2,485 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 9,407 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16