Status of Marsy's Law in New Mexico
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in 1992, with the support of 68% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in New Mexico, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of New Mexico there were:
- 12,782 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 125 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 1,465 rapes committed in 2013.
- 1,810 robberies committed in 2013.
- 9,382 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.