Status of Marsy's Law in New York
Currently, New York does not have a Victims’ Rights Amendment to its Constitution.
- To learn more about your rights in New York, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of New York there were:
- 77,372 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 648 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 3,353 rapes committed in 2013.
- 27,241 robberies committed in 2013.
- 46,130 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.