Status of Marsy's Law in North Carolina
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1996, with the support of 78% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in North Carolina, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), North Carolina Experienced 34,852 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 517 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 2,684 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 8,825 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 22,826 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16