Status of Marsy's Law in North Carolina
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1996, with the support of 78% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in North Carolina, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of North Carolina there were:
- 33,700 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 469 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 2,369 rapes committed in 2013.
- 9,349 robberies committed in 2013.
- 21,513 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.