Status of Marsy's Law in Ohio
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1994. The Amendment was passed by 77% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Ohio, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of Ohio there were:
- 33,121 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 455 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 4,041 rapes committed in 2013.
- 14,368 robberies committed in 2013.
- 14,257 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.