Status of Marsy's Law in Oregon
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed and adopted by the voters in November, 1999.
- To learn more about your rights in Oregon, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of Oregon there were:
- 9,984 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 80 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 1,897 rapes committed in 2013.
- 2,397 robberies committed in 2013.
- 5,610 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.