Status of Marsy's Law in Rhode Island
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1986.
- To learn more about your rights in Rhode Island, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), Rhode Island Experienced 2,562 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 29 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 459 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 556 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 1,518 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16