Status of Marsy's Law in Rhode Island
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1986.
- To learn more about your rights in Rhode Island, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of Rhode Island there were:
- 2,705 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 31 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 440 rapes committed in 2013.
- 684 robberies committed in 2013.
- 1,550 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.