Status of Marsy's Law in South Carolina
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1996, and received the support of 90% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in South Carolina, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
According To Recently Released Statistics By The Federal Bureau Of Investigation (FBI), South Carolina Experienced 24,700 Violent Crimes In 2015.
- In 2015, There Were 399 Murders And Nonnegligent Manslaughters.
- In 2015 There Were 2,297 Rapes.
- In 2015 There Were 3,931 Robberies.
- In 2015 There Were 18,073 Aggravated Assaults.
Source: 2015 Crime In The United States, State Totals, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Website, 9/26/16