Status of Marsy's Law in Texas
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in November, 1989, with the support of 73% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Texas, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of X there were:
- 107,998 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 1,139 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 9,766 rapes committed in 2013.
- 31,801 robberies committed in 2013.
- 65,292 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.