Status of Marsy's Law in Wisconsin
A state Constitutional Amendment for Victims’ Rights was passed in April, 1993, with the support of 84% of the voters.
- To learn more about your rights in Wisconsin, please visit the National Crime Victim Law Institute (NCVLI) by clicking here.
Violent Crime In Your State: Did You Know?
Did you know, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s (FBI) most recent “Crime in the United States” report, that in the state of Wisconsin there were:
- 15,961 violent crimes committed in 2013.
- 162 murders and non-negligent manslaughters committed in 2013.
- 1,687 rapes committed in 2013.
- 4,834 robberies committed in 2013.
- 9,278 aggravated assaults committed in 2013.
Source: Crime in the United States, By State, 2013, Federal Bureau of Investigation website.